Monday 1 November 2010

Lancing Ring again


A sunny beginning to November!

At Lancing Ring again  I found a wild privet bush well covered in berries (left), although most of the leaves had fallen.


In the open areas large stands of dogwood are growing, some still in flower(right).

Among the dogwood there were several pink clovers in flower and a large number of autumn hawkbit was in evidence.




But most surprising to me were the few flowers of scabious and several groups of wild basil.

However, on checking my wild flower book, I see that both are expected to flower into October.

So it can't be very unusual to see them on the first of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where do I Walk?

Mainly in a fairly compact area on the north-east side of Steyning in West Sussex, UK.

For a map of this area see My Home Patch