Tuesday 24 May 2011

Damsel flies

Damsel flies have been out early this year. I've been watching several "beautiful demoiselles" - that's actually their name - by the footbridge on my walk, resting on the hemlock water dropwort. I first saw them on 28th April but I still have not managed to get a picture of them. A blue-tailed damselfly was nearby on the footpath on 3rd May. The earliest damselfly is usually the large red damsel which I saw in my garden on 20th April. And one decided to visit my conservatory today. So after my lack of success at getting pictures on my walks I've decided to include this one taken in my conservatory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where do I Walk?

Mainly in a fairly compact area on the north-east side of Steyning in West Sussex, UK.

For a map of this area see My Home Patch