Saturday 23 October 2010

Autumn fruits

There are still enough blackberries to provide me with a refreshing bite during my walks. There was a huge crop this year, providing the filling for many crumbles and the base for a gallon of wine, now fermenting merrily at home.


I must take this opportunity to say "Thanks" to the friendly people at Foxhall Farm who have provided free cooking apples through the season to complement the foraged blackberries in our traditional blackberry and apple crumbles.


I don't think the box has ever been empty when I've passed the farm.


Another friend posing for his picture today was Mr Ramsbotham who lives in the field next to the footpath.

Ramsbotham seems to be very friendly and always walks across to say hello. He even greets Petra face to face through the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where do I Walk?

Mainly in a fairly compact area on the north-east side of Steyning in West Sussex, UK.

For a map of this area see My Home Patch