Wednesday 13 October 2010

Insects about!

The ivy is in flower and its heady scent is attracting numbers of bees and a Red Admiral - which would not stay still long enough for a picture!


There are still buttercups to be seen. These were accompanied by a 7-spot ladybird looking for a winter home.


These three were all taken on the footpaths between the bypass and the open field.


                   Yarrow                                                                              Common Mallow

                                                          Which one is in danger?

I was looking for a dandelion today to compare with the ox-tongue and hawkbit in the last post. In an hour's walk I only found three - and one of them was on my front lawn when I got home! This one was on the edge of a footpath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where do I Walk?

Mainly in a fairly compact area on the north-east side of Steyning in West Sussex, UK.

For a map of this area see My Home Patch